This police department is located on campus and available 24/7. Tasked with the particular duties of keeping the U.C. Berkeley campus area safe, you can report a non-emergency at any time to (510) 642-6760 or call 9-1-1 for emergency assistance.

To find the police department, head into:

1 Sproul Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720


Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD)

This office will handle any formal grievance procedure regarding harassment or discrimination of any kind you bring forward. The staff is your liaison between your desired outcome and the university. Typically OPHD launches investigations that conclude with resolutions to your case.

Please direct inquiries to:

Denise W. Oldham

Director and Title IX Officer and Officer for OPHD


685 University Hall, #1120
Berkeley, CA 94720

(510) 643-7985



Tang Center (University Health Services)

Visit Tang for medical services, counseling, and other related health and wellness issues. Tang is the campus’ most available medical resource and accommodates the university’s students, faculty, and staff.

Please visit Tang at:

2222 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94720

Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm

Saturday: 9am-5pm

To make an appointment: https://uhs.berkeley.edu

For After Hours Assistance call (510) 643-7197

For an Advice Nurse call (510) 6437197

Other useful resources in Tang:

  • Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS), 3rd floor (510) 642-9494
  • Social Services, 2nd floor (510) 642-6074
  • Sexual Assault Education and Response, 2nd floor (510) 642-6074


Gender Equity Resource Center

This campus resource is incredibly useful as a community center for students in any issue regarding gender and sexuality. You will find both support and avenues for advocacy. Overflowing with brochures of community centers on and off campus  related to issues of women’s and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender communities and knowledgeable staff willing to help you find adequate resources, the GenEq Center is invaluable.

202 Cesar Chavez
Berkeley, CA 94720

(510) 642-4786










Categories: Grievance